These quick easy weeknight meatballs have a few secret pantry items that really make them fabulous. First, the meatballs are given body and flavored with crispy shallots which can be found in the Asian section of some grocery stores. and second, the pomegranate molasses which gives them a sweet tart flavor boost. We love them on top of green beans, but buttered rice noodles would be great too. They would make a dandy hors d’oeuvre as well.
3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 pound ground chuck
1/2 cup crispy shallots
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Combine the egg, ground chuck and shallots in a large bowl and mix until well combined
- Using a 1 1/2″ scoop, form the meatballs and place them on the baking sheet
- Combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the meatballs
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until they are browned and cooked through
You will find many ways to use these – they are just shallots and corn oil.