3 cups powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt and cornstarch.
- Add in egg whites, egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined, at first it looks like it will not come together, and then it will smooth out.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart – about 6 per cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies are puffed and crackled, about 14 minutes
- Allow to cool on baking sheet 5 – 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack, and repeat for the second batch and dust them with additional powdered sugar
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
- Yield: 18-20 cookies
The beauty of a late snow storm