I added shrimp and dill to this classic Italian soup – a perfect spring lunch or light dinner.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
8 ounces fresh baby spinach
1 pound shrimp, peeled and cleaned
2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest of whole lemon
2 tablespoons fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
4 cups chicken stock
freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
Grated Parmesan for serving
- Heat a large saute pan to medium high heat and add half the unsalted butter.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and saute them until they are pink about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside and add the last of the butter to the pan.
- Add the spinach and saute until just cooked through about 2-3 minutes, keep warm.
- In a sauce pan add the chicken broth and the lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs with the lemon zest and the dill.
- Swirl the simmering chicken broth and slowly add the egg mixture in a thin stream.
- Divide the shrimp and the spinach into 4 bowls and top with the egg broth mixture.
- Top with grated Parmesan and sprigs of dill.