I was quite surprised how well quinoa flour and chocolate go together. These muffins are light and airy and the chips give them a big chocolate boost. Quinoa flour has superior nutritional value to wheat flour so who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
1½ cup quinoa flour
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
1 1/3 cup whole milk
2/3 cup light olive oil or canola oil
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅓ cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard size 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix everything together with a whisk, until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide evenly between the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips equally among the muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.