This creamy chicken dish can be made well in advance and is a great all in one dish dinner – easy enough to do two and feed a crowd.
1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed and meat chopped into bite size pieces
2 jars (16 ounces) tomatillo (green) salsa
¾ cup heavy cream
12 6 inch corn tortillas
12 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (3 cups)
For serving – cilantro, chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado
Oil for preparing a 9X13 casserole pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine the cream and the tomatillo salsa
- In another bowl combine the chicken with about ½ cup of the tomatillo mixture
- Stack the corn tortillas flat and wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 1 minute.
- Taking one tortilla at a time dip in the salsa mixture and cover both sides and place about 1/3 cup of the chicken in the center and roll, placing it seam side down in the prepared casserole pan – you will fit 8 lengthwise and 4 crosswise.
- Top with the remaining salsa mixture and top with cheese
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is brown and the sides are bubbly
- Allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before serving
Pantry Items worth having on hand