Try this granola packed with oats, almonds, coconut and walnuts. Baking the mixture with maple syrup and butter makes it light and crispy – serve it with fresh raspberries, bananas and ice cold milk and you’ll have a delicious start to your day.
Almond Coconut Granola
Makes about 6 cups or 12 servings
2 cups sliced almonds
1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 ½ cups old fashioned whole oats (not quick or instant)
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almonds, coconut, walnuts, oats and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the maple syrup and the butter and heat about 30 seconds until the butter just starts to melt – take out of the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Pour into the almond mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread out onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, remove from the oven after about 15 minutes, when it starts to brown around the edges and stir–do this twice more about 5 minutes apart. It is finished when the granola is a uniform light brown.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight jar, it will become crispy as it cools.
- Store at room temperature.