I know this may not be the time of year to learn how to make biscuits but I promise you theses are pretty fool proof. With only 3 ingredients they come together quickly and how satisfying to bake your own biscuits. Serve them up hot with plenty of butter.
2 cups self-rising flour
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
¼ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat (silicone baking sheet)
- In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients and stir until all the flour is absorbed
- Gather up the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured counter and kneed the dough seven times
- Pat into a circle about ½ “ thick
- Using a 2 ½” biscuit cutter make 12 biscuits, you will have to gather the scraps and kneed them a couple of time and pat out for the last 1 or 2.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.