These cookies are a ginger lover’s dream. They are both crisp and chewy at the same time and totally addictive.
Oatmeal Ginger Lace Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
3 sticks of unsalted butter
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour (can substitute coconut flour to make them gluten free– they will not spread as much)
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups brown sugar
½ cup crystalized ginger
½ teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor pulverize the brown sugar and the ginger until the ginger is finely diced and set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter, take off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients except the eggs and mix well.
- Add the eggs and stir until well combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone sheet such as Silpat
- Drop 1 ½ tablespoon of batter at a time on the parchment flattening the mounds into a circle with the back of a spoon, spacing about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown about 13-15 minutes, cool on a wire rack.